Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Heart



I love Heart. It's really a mystery how I got into this fabulous band. If I can remember back into the cool 80's when my mom rocked the house with Richard Marx and new school Fleetwood Mac (you know, "Lies and Gypsy"). She also played the shit out of 80's Heart. This is not the Heart that most of their true fans really admire about them. Frankly, I couldn't give a crap what decade they rocked in... The first song I can remember getting into was "Stranded." Okay, so I just looked it up, that album Brigade came out in 1990, but close enough. It still sounds very 80's. Anyway, to make an extremely long story short... Elaine and I both got a fill of our Heart fetish (her more than I) and saw them at the OSF (Oregon State Fair, for you losers that don't know the acronym.) They were so fucking awesome. Elaine will tell you that I am in love with Nancy Wilson. Primarily because here is what it said on the album notes for Brigade: "Nancy Wilson: Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Harmonica, Keyboards, Mandolin, Vocals and Background Vocals." Holy shit dude, is she Prince? Does she play 59 instruments all the while scoring the great Cameron Crowe's (her husband) movies?

Nevertheless, the concert was fantastic and the fair was sub-par... as it usually is. I will write more about our journey back to the 503 and Salem.

1 comment:

poshgirl said...

dude! you failed to mention the highlight of your nancy-loving evening! when she played a tom petty cover! it's like two of your musical universes crashing in to each other!!